YubiKey is an innovative USB and NFC security key. It offers an easy and secure way to log in when static passwords are being hacked at scale, and SMS and other authentication technologies cannot offer enough protection against phishing and more sophisticated attacks.
The modern high security standard for web authentication. U2F-enabled security keys, such as YubiKeys, work instantly with leading online services including Facebook, Gmail, Dropbox, and many more.
Crush-safe, water-resistant, even washing machine resistant! YubiKey fits nicely on a keychain with your home or car keys.
Offering an easy and secure way to log in when static passwords are being hacked. SMS and other authentication technologies cannot offer enough protection against phishing and more sophisticated attacks.
Trusted by millions
YubiKey secures access to online services, computers, and networks for 9 of the top 10 internet companies, and is loved by millions in 160 countries.
Security made easy
Millions of people use YubiKeys for 2FA because they’re the easiest to use, super secure, and affordable. Plug in your YubiKey and tap it to log in to your computers, networks, and online services. Keep one on your keychain with the key to your house/car, and a second YubiKey in a safe place as a backup.
- YubiKey 5 NFC fits on your keychain and has both USB-A and NFC types of communication
- YubiKey 5C fits on your keychain and plugs into USB-C ports
- YubiKey 5 Nano is perfect for semi-permanent installation and plugs into USB-A ports (Lanyard add-on available)
- YubiKey 5C Nano is perfect for semi-permanent installation and plugs into USB-C ports (Lanyard add-on available)
All-in-one configurable security key
Different services use different types of security protocols. YubiKeys are capable of performing multiple protocols, so you can use the same key for almost an unlimited number of services.
Industry leading FIPS 140-2 validated hardware authenticator, which is reliable and easy to deploy. The YubiKey FIPS series ensures strong security and defense against phishing and account takeovers. It enables enterprises and government agencies to meet the highest authenticator assurance level of requirements.
FIPS 140-2 Validated Security Keys
- All YubiKey FIPS Series security keys include the same functionality.
- The YubiKey FIPS Series offers a choice of keys designed for USB-A or USB-C.
- YubiKey Nano FIPS features a slim USB-A form factor for semi-permanent installation and convenience.
- YubiKey C Nano FIPS features an ultra-slim USB-C form factor for use with the latest Mac, PC, & Android computing devices.
The FIDO U2F Security Key by Yubico is a specially designed YubiKey, relying on high-security, public-key cryptography. Durable and conveniently sized, just slide it out of its protective sleeve, insert it into any USB port, and it works with any website that supports the FIDO U2F protocol, such as Facebook, Google’s Gmail, Google Cloud and G Suite, GitHub, Dropbox, and Dashlane. And all it takes is a simple touch of a button!
Briefly about universal 2nd factor (U2F)
FIDO U2F is an emerging open authentication standard, with native support in platforms and browsers. U2F breaks the mold for high security public key authentication, removing the complexity of drivers, specialized client software, and the traditional costly Certification Authority model. With FIDO U2F, one single YubiKey supports any number of online services, with no user information or encryption keys shared between the service providers. Learn more about FIDO U2F.